Its More Fun

Monday, July 4, 2011

Filipino-American Friendship Day (Fourth of July)


Fourth of July is known worldwide as the American Independence Day. For Filipinos, July 4 is the Filipino-American Friendship Day to commemorate the liberation of Philippines from the Japanese occupation. 

At one point in our history, Fourth of July was also Philippine's Independence Day when Philippines was still considered a US territory from 1898 to 1946. The same date for Philippine and American national day was celebrated until July 4, 1964. Ex-Philippine President Diosdado Macapagal signed into law Republic Act No. 4166 designating June 12 as the country's independence day to recognize the Philippine Declaration of Independence from Spain on June 12, 1898 in Kawit, Cavite.

The Manila American Cemetery and Memorial in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, Philippines

American flag on the right hemicycle

The Chapel

Inside the Chapel

There are twenty-five mosaic maps 

The Chapel is a white masonry building enriched with sculptures and mosaic



Guest book inside the Chapel that stands in the center of the cemetery

State seal of Kentucky

Louisiana is the first State where Filipino migrated to United States in 1587.

Names of the American and Filipino soldiers who lost their lives in operations in New Guinea and the Philippines. 

Philippine and American flag stands on opposite hemicycle

American tourist from Hawaii

American tourist Honolulu

American tourist from Colorado

American tourist from New York

Limestone piers within the hemicycles are inscribed the Tablets of the Missing soldiers containing 36,285 names.  

Rosettes mark the names of those since recovered and identified

The back side of the Chapel

The Manila American Cemetery has a total of 17,202 graves, making it the largest cemetery in the Pacific for U.S. personnel killed during World War II

Filipino and Americans in the Manila American Cemetery


How to Get to the Manila American Cemetery and Memorial:

GPS Coordinates: N14 32.483 E121 03.008

Manila American Cemetery is located in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, Philippines. It takes about 10-20 minutes cab ride from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 to reach the cemetery.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipino-American_Friendship_Day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manila_American_Cemetery_and_Memorial

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My boyfriend left me for another girl. I needed him back desperately because i loved him so much. I became very worried and needed help. as i was browsing through the internet, I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Ebuka can help get ex back fast and stop a divorce or breakup and so on , So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (return Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my boyfriend came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. Today I'm so happy and i want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly needs an urgent solution to his or her broken relationships and marriage. Simply contact the great "Dr.Ebuka" If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you., Thank you Dr Ebuka for saving my broken relationships and brought my boyfriend back to me!" email him at: ebukalovetemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +13103599685 ....