Monday, February 10, 2014
Jewish, Christian, Non-believers side by side at Manila America Cemetery & Memorial
If you didn't get the chance to visit this place before or you missed out on your elementary school field trip, here are some interesting facts about the Manila American Cemetery & Memorial.
2. Here lie 17,201 graves of military personnel who died in World War II.
4. 570 Philippine scouts are buried here.
6. On 20 cases, 2 brothers are buried side by side.
7. On the Chapel, a relic of St. George fighting the dragon.
8. Inside the chapel, a mosaic / mural of the Madonna holding flowers.
9. Philippine flag is flown side by side with the American flag all day long.