Its More Fun

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ärzte für die Dritte Welt (German Doctors for Developing Countries)


Several months ago, my German friend introduced me to this organization. He eventually volunteered his expertise for 6 weeks in Mindanao. I am pleased that German Doctors for Developing Countries continues to be active in serving the health needs of the communities around the Philippines.

The committee was founded in Darmstadt, Germany in 1983 and its headquarters now is based in Frankfurt am Main. Aside from the Philippines, German Doctors for Developing Countries sends doctors to India, Bangladesh, Kenya, Sierra Leone and Nicaragua.

I had the pleasure to meet two (2) of the German Doctors who were volunteering in the organization. I must say that their work, dedication and commitment are highly commendable. All the doctors are volunteers. What is more, the German Doctors/volunteers make financial contributions, an amount totalling at least half of their airfare.

 I wish more power to the organization and maybe I can volunteer in the near future.




At the hospital in Valencia City, Bukidnon

One of the vehicle serving the needs of the German Doctors and their patients. 

Services that the Hospital gives to its patients. 



No comments: